Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Body of Shame

Living with you, has been like living in Hell,
No matter what I do, you would always yell,
Not at them, but me, as if I was to blame,
For all the world's problems, a burden..a stray..a body of shame,

As if Hate was my first name, you gave me nothing but such,
How I begged for different, you'll never know how much.
As if Love was my last name, it never once came first,
And how like the travelers of the desert, I did thirst.

Day in, Day out, Ugh, how you would shout,
As usual, it seems, I'm what it's about,
Oh..this verbal..yet emotional childish abuse,
how I wish it to end, but no genie, so what is the use?

Word of Hate, from one that you love,
Can cause you to yearn, for that world above.
Two times you've pushed me, to that sinful limit,
A limit so dangerous, a few return from it.

But words are useless, where you are concerned,
you would rather have me staked, then watch me burn,
No, you would have me hung, for the world to see,
A body of Shame, I guess that is me.

No comments:

Did You Enjoy My Poetry?