Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Poem For Mama

Everyday I thank God for making you my Mother,
When I'm going through pained times,
I remember the things you did to make me stronger, tougher.
Holding me in your arms, telling me it will be alright,
Catching the streaming tears throughout the night,
Ripping away the ropes, the chains, the twines,
That kept me bound from inside out.
But now it's time, for me, to ease your pain,
To take away your sorrow, your grief, your heartache,
And to replace it with not only hope and trust,
But also a Dependability that will ease the ache.
A love to show that I will do anything,
Risk anything, Just to see a smile upon your face.
Mama, I want to ease the strain,
Take away any pain,
I want to be there for you,
Like you were there for me,
I want to make you strong,
Strong like you assembled me.
Mama, I just want you to be forever happy,
Like you made me.

No comments:

Did You Enjoy My Poetry?