Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fingerprints


If I were to die, where would I go?
Could I fly, where everyone know?
Would I sleep for a little while,
And wake up to the King's Isle?
What happens when I die?
Am I put in a hole, left staring at the sky?
Or am I burnt to a crisp,
Left to float on a wind wisp?
Will I feel the darkness of the hole?
What happens to my soul?
Am I a ghost or am I whole?
Will I feel the fires of civilization,
As it burns me beyond my nation?
I wonder if the fires are worst than Hell,
Could a preist say? Please pray tell.

Could they tell me what really happens?
Or just preach one of the omens?
Would they ask if I believe in Jesus Christ,
And doubting Him is well high-priced?
I highly think they would,
Still leaving me misunderstood.

But where do I go when I die?
Do I get to say goodbye?
Am I forced to watch life go by?
People calling but I cant reply?

Do I awake to another time I wonder,
Lifes trials left again to encumber,
From death to birth, I'm borned younger.
Past forgotten in my deep slumber.

I bet I would enter this sort of darkness,
That would choke me with its starkness,
It would envelope me in a kind of harness,
The feel of my senses making it enormous,
Like a world of its own, with no amount of harmony,
It would be just the darkness and me,
Or is it the darkness in me?

What happens to me....when I die?

No comments:

Did You Enjoy My Poetry?